Balmaseda History Museum
San Juan del Moral Church
¿Te gusta este sitio?
As the first town in the province, Balmaseda boasts a long history tracing back to 1199. Thus it keeps a very extensible collection of artworks, books, public records and artefacts – all vivid testimonies to the past and traditions of town.
The museum opened in 2003 and is divided into six departments:
- The history of the municipality – the first in Biscay, founded in 1199.
- The most prominent local personalities of the past and present.
- Holy Week themes (a procession walks across town every year and culminates in a moving Crucifixion represented by a neighbour).
- Historical and cultural heritage.
- The foundations of local economy and traditions – carpentry, the hammering of copper, the making of berets, gastronomy (stews and local wines).
- The furniture from an aristocratic 19th-century living room.
¿Quieres saber cómo llegar? Te lo indicamos.
C/ Martin Mendia, 27
48800 BALMASEDA (Bizkaia)
Mobile: (+34) 657 795 806
Schedule / Notes
❱ Winter scheudle (October - May)
Tuesday to Sunday and bank holidays: 10:00 to 14:00
*Afternoons only open for groups
❱ Summer scheudle (Jun - September)
Tuesday to Friday: 10:00 to 13:30 and 17:00 to 19:30
Weekends and banck holydays: de 10:00 to 14:00